Sunday 2 November 2014

$10,000 Kitchen Renovation - Part 1

We are about to jump on the Grey train.  But I'll get to that later.  I thought since I do all my baking in my kitchen, I would share our renovation.  We moved into our house in 1995.  It was built in the 1980's and done cheaply.  Right from the get go, I hated the kitchen.  It's only saving grace was that the cabinets were white laminate.  But newly married, money was tight and we could not afford a renovation (I don't know how all the young couples do it these days).  So, it being the 90's, I put up bright wallpaper and we lived with it for a LONG while. It had a really ugly floor when we moved in.  We did replace that with a soft green laminate.  We had a newborn and wanted something soft on the floors.  We also ripped the carpet of our the family room and put down laminate.  Back in those days you had to glue laminate which trust me that sucked.  My poor husband lost a lot of his hair that day (and it never came back  :) ) This is how it looked.  It is open to the family room.  However, it had weird walls going up the middle of the room.  Must have been a 80's thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment