Saturday 5 July 2014

One Bowl Dilly Potato Salad

One bowl is a theme of mine.  The less I have to dirty the better as I hate cleaning.  Potato Salad of course is a old standby and this is my version after trying many different versions.  I find the dill flavor lends a unique flavor.  Quite yummy and tastes even better the next day.

One Bowl Dilly Potato Salad

8 red potatoes
3 hard boiled eggs
1 cup of mayo
4 mini dill pickles chopped or two large
3 tbsps of pickle juice or more to taste (right out of the jar)
1 tbsp of dijon mustard
1 small onion chopped
1 tsp of celery seed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Peel and quarter potatoes.  You can leave unpeeled if you wish. Cover with water in large pot. Boil until tender but not overly soft.  About 15 minutes.
Drain hot water and replace with cold water to help cool potatoes.
In the meantime, hard boil 3 eggs.  When done, I put eggs in same pot as potatoes to cool.  Once cool, peel eggs.

In your serving bowl, place all three eggs and with fork chop eggs. Add chopped pickle and pickle juice. Add mustard and onion, celery seed, and salt and pepper .  Mix.  Add Mayo.





Once mixed well.  Add your potatoes and mix to coat well.  Chill for at least 2 hours more if possible.  Sprinkle with paprika and serve.  My photo is a bit blurry but trust me it was gobbled up.


No comments:

Post a Comment