My Mother would make this dessert when she entertained. I use to sneak downstairs and sneak a piece out of the freezer it was good as she entertaining guests in the living room. This dessert is so easy but tastes so decadent.
- 1 8-1/2 oz. package chocolate wafers or oreo crumbs (if using oreo crumbs, no need to bake)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pts.coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2/3 cup sugar & 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/3 cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1Crush chocolate wafers into fine crumbs. In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. In 9" pie plate combine crumbs and butter and press mixture to bottom and side of plate. Bake at 375° F for 10 minutes. Cool crust completely on wire rack.
- 2Carefully spread coffee ice cream into crust, freeze until firm, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3In large saucepan over medium heat, cook cocoa, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup of whipping cream and 3 Tbsp. butter until mixture is really smooth and boils. Remove and heat and stir in 1 tsp. vanilla. Cool mixture slightly the pour over coffee ice cream. Return pie to freezer, freezing at least one hour.
- 1In small bowl and with mixer at medium speed, beat remaining whipping cream with 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 2Serve pie with whipped cream.- or you can skip this step...tastes good either way