Monday 30 March 2015

Blueberry Goat Cheese and Maple Salad Recipe

I had my parents for dinner last night and I was looking for a springlike first course.  I was in a low energy mood and didn't want to put in a lot of effort.  I checked the fridge and this is what I came up with.

It was really delicious and they loved it.

Blueberry Goat Cheese and Maple Salad Recipe

Mixed Greens - 6 cups or 1 bag of prepared greens washed
1/4 cup of sliced almonds (toasted if you are in the mood to do so) or pecans
1 cup of fresh strawberries sliced
Blueberry Goat Cheese sliced - I used blueberry crusted goat cheese by Presidents Choice, but you could use plain and add a cup of fresh blueberries.  

Combine the greens, strawberries and nuts.  Crumble Goat Cheese over salad greens.  Drizzle with dressing.

For dressing - 

1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of pure maple sytup
2 tsp of dijon mustard

Blend all ingredients together with whisk.

No comments:

Post a Comment